Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Building Named for Megann

This is part of a letter that was sent to Megann's aunt regarding a school that they are naming after Megann. They were inspired by her story and are even posting a picture of her in the building!

Part of the letter from David in Africa:

How are you this morning? Hope fine as we are. Kindly have my condolences for the death of Megann Shepherd who has returned to her Creator for rest. I know how you feel especially the pain she underwent. It is my prayers that God continue to console her entire family, relatives and the brotherhood.

Education
Concerning the proposed name for the school, it is a welcome one that the entire administration is in favor of. The proposal comes in at a time when we are just about to complete the registration of the school with the Ministry of Education. For the past we have been operating on a temporary permit. This was due to the lack of building and adequate spacing. Now that we have our newly constructed building officials from the ministry will now come to inspect our compound paving the way for our permit.

In this light, the school will now be called "Church of Christ Good Shepherd Academy". I can imagine kids telling their friends that " We are going to Good Shepherd." Truly the name Shepherd is worth to be mentioned.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the cookbook is complete, I would love to purchase a copy. Not only would it be filled with wonderful recipes, but everytime I used it I would think of Megann's smiling face.
I love you, Megann!

Charlene Brooks

July 18, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That is so amazing that this school will be named after Megann. She would have really loved that! I hope many many children are blessed by this school.

July 19, 2007  
Blogger Jenna said...

Wow, that is really neat!! I know that Megann would have loved that.

July 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megann was always calling me and giving me recipes that she liked and would tell me to be sure and make it for the next Ladies' Class Luncheon. She called me and gave this one around the first of May. It is very good.

Kay Sharp's Frito Corn Chip Salad
1/2 cup celery chopped
1/2 cup purple onion, chopped (I use regular onion if I don't have purple)
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
1 bag (10 ouncees or 9 1/2 ounces) Chili Cheese Frito corn chips
2 cans (15 ounces each) whole kernel corn
3 tablespoons Ranch dressing
1/2 cup Miracle Whip

Drain corn. Mix all ingredients except Fritos in a large mixing bowl. Chill for a couple of hours. Add Fritos just before serving and mix well. (Crush the Fritos a little before stirring them into the corn.) Makes 10-12 servings.

I miss her calls and new recipes.

July 25, 2007  
Blogger Holly Moulder said...

That is wonderful! :)

October 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home