Friday, May 04, 2007

May 4 Update

As of May 4:
Megann is staying with her parents. Jon’s parents were here to help out, too. She met Dr. Schorge with UT Southwestern Medical Center Wednesday morning. He is very compassionate and had positive remarks. She will begin a new treatment, consisting of Taxol and Avastin, Tuesday morning. Everyone is very thankful. This treatment combination has to work, and it will! Jon’s parents helped tremendously caring for her. They have gone home and will return sometime during the summer. Her aunt and cousin are coming today. Aunt Kay is the one who has researched the different studies and medications, and Daphne has helped with pain management. Her sister, Karen, has been the one doing much of the phone work. A family friend, Suzanne, told them about UT Southwestern Medical Center and all the wonderful work they are doing. It is a team effort, and the greatest contributions to this team are your prayers. Please pray specifically that the treatment works and that Megann's pain will subside. Megann is humbled by your support and prayers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megann,

I'm so sorry that you are in so much pain. I am praying that God will take everything away from you so that you will have some peace and comfort. I am anxious to see how this new medicine will work. I will pray for you and Jon's strength as well as your families. I love you!

Mistee

May 04, 2007  
Blogger Jenna said...

Megann and Jon,

We are praying fervently that this treatment is the treatment that will make a difference. Megann, I hope your pain subsides. You are in my thoughts and prayers so many times during the day. Keep fighting!

May 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megann,
I think about you every single day. Keep on keeping on!!!! Thank God you have a wonderful support system. We include you in our prayers every day.
Love--Kay and Gene

May 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Megann,
It's Ali. I love you.

May 05, 2007  
Blogger Power Zone said...

Megann,

I am glad that I was able to spend time with you tonight. I love you so much!

Tonya

May 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home