Monday, June 19, 2006

Update # 2

Sunday, June 18th, the elders prayed over Megann surrounded by her many friends and family. It was truly amazing. Anyone who witnessed it felt God already at work. Megann has such a positive attitude about her cancer. She asked me to include this prayer that was received in an email. She has been so humbled by the comments and prayers offered on her behalf. Please check back for a medical update after her doctor appointment on Thursday at MD Anderson. Until then, please pray specifically for:
  • a safe trip to Houston
  • for the doctors from MD Anderson that will be working with her
  • for Megann's stamina making the trip to Houston

The Surrender Prayer for a Cancer Patient

The Lord is my Healer, I shall not want.

Cancer makes me to go to many treatments.

Cancer leads me to sit back, relax, and listen to nature's true blessings.

The Lord restores my soul, my sanity and my health.

Cancer leads me in the path of serenity and fellowship for my own sake.

Cancer teaches me to take it easy, to live and let live, and to do what makes me happy.

Cancer makes me more humble and grateful.

Cancer teaches me to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can and gives me the wisdom to know the difference.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of despair, frustration, guilt and remorse, I will fear no evil of this Cancer.

For Thou are with me, my family, my doctors, my supporters, and my Healer, they comfort me.

Cancer prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies: Fear, anxiety, self-pity, resentment and hurt.

The Lord anoints my confused mind and jangled nerves with knowledge, understanding and hope.

No longer do I feel alone, neither am I afraid, nor sickened, nor helpless, nor hopeless.

My cup runs over

Surely COURAGE and HOPE shall follow me every day of my life, one day at a time, twenty four hours at a time.

As I surrender my will to my Healer and carry your message to all others.

I will dwell in the house of my Higher Power, one day at a time, forever and forever.

AMEN!

11 Comments:

Blogger tamandscott said...

It WAS amazing on Sunday to see so many people who love you and are praying for you! God will bless this trip to MD Anderson. I see a lot of hope in the future!

June 19, 2006  
Blogger Jenna said...

We are still praying numerous times a day for your healing. Stay strong!

June 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are constantly in my prayers. It was an awesome thing to hear Rick (your personal Shepherd) pray for you (his sheep). Isn't it amazing how God connected you with someone who has taken the same road to MD Anderson that you are about to get on. I believe God has allowed you to be in this valley because your not afraid to share and let Him speak through you to change the lives of others. I KNOW he is going to bring you through this.

June 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the days to come just remember that God is a God of promise. He is a God of strength, protection, hope, and healing. Mostly He is a God of love. You are His treasure, Megann. You're in our thoughts and prayers many times a day. Stay strong. Love you.

June 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megann and Jon,
It was good to see both of you last night. I continue to be blessed by knowing both of you. I pray that like I have heard about C.S. Lewis that Joy not be seen just as an emotion, but be a pointer to God through you.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again. Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everthing, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-9
I ask that those that know you be praying that your spirit of gentleness and strength be a beacon, because their eyes are open to see your peace from God. Jeff Glover

June 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megann,

I was contacted by a mutual friend on your story. I have sent out prayer circles to all I know also. I was diagnosed with colon cancer recently in its early stages and through the powers of prayer, hope, faith, determination, and a positive attitude, YOU CAN BEAT this also!! Trust in your higher power and you will always, always be safe. Show Houston and MD Anderson who is in charge!! All my best to you!!

June 20, 2006  
Blogger Jenna said...

Praying for you and Jon today as you meet with the doctors.

June 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for you as you see the doctors today! I know God has amazing plans for you & will see you safely through this latest journey. Keep you beautiful smile, your 'go getter' attitude, & your faith. THE PRAYERS ARE OVERPOURING AND GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS!
We love you and will do anything to help you or your family.
Our love to Jon, his family, Les, Nancy, Karen, Evan, Kay and all the supportive family you have with you!
Gerald & Charlene Brooks

June 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megan and Jon - I am keeping you both close in thought and prayer. I have always looked up to you and the way God's light shines from you. I have always seen Him in your sweet disposition and never-ceasing smile. Cancer can not rob you of that.

We serve a God who can...and I believe he will heal. This is my ongoing prayer for you.

Shine on!

Lisa (Nance) Krenek

June 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megan,
I am a friend of Tammie Shelton's. It seems that you have many people in your life that love you very much. And it sounds like you are a powerhouse for the Lord who has influenced many. What glory you bring to God!

You have prayers on your behalf in Tennessee!

In Him,
Candice Stites

June 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sunshine! I wanted to check in and let you know we are praying for you. I miss your sweet smile and beautiful spirit. We love you and raise you up to the Great Physician. God is in control.

July 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home